L-arginine and its efficacy in treating ED
There are a few ways in which a person can get an elated erection through methods which are beyond the conventional way of medications or some other painful methods. When some results above these methods the men are either too eager to try the benefits or also skeptical about what the so-called herbal product will try out to be. In few cases, it is seen that these herbal products contain the same elements and of the different ED medication and most of the time they are counterfeit with dosages higher than usual and may cause serious health maladies.
After a proper research, it has been seen that there is natural way out for treating the problem of erectile malady but you cannot always jump on any health supplements that are present without being particular about its ingredients or its effects on your body.
One such effectively working substance is L-Arginine which has considerably shown a lot of effect in giving a hardcore erection naturally. A quick overview of this substance and its effects in solving the problem of ED is given below.
What is L-Arginine substance?
This is a form of amino- acid that can be semi-essential in its behavior. This is produced by the body naturally, but in a few cases, the body stops the formation of this essential substance due to some health conditions. These are then required to be taken by the body through either supplement or in form of food.
The body necessarily requires two types of amino acids one is the essential amino acids and second is the non-essential amino acids. Essential amino acids are supposed to be taken in the form of food or supplements as the body is not capable of synthesizing in the body. The non-essential amino acids can be easily synthesized in the body and so these do not require to be taken from any outside source. Similarly, the body has 22 so-called proteinogenic amino acids and they are named so because they are building blocks of the proteins. L –arginine is one such proteinogenic amino acid.
What function does this play in the body?
- This L-arginine is important is supporting the rate of metabolism of the body, helps in cell division, protein synthesis, healing of the wound, synthesis of protein, healing the wounds, removing the wastes of the body, supports bone growth and also reduces the insulin resistance of the body.
- In case of an erection this substance releases the nitric oxide which is required for an erection to take place.
- Once the body digests the proteins it breaks down into various specific amino –acids, and then these are re-assembled in the new form of protein which is required for building the body parts. This helps to repair muscles, tissues, organs, skin, hair, or any other parts of the body. These amino acids are also required to by the body as a source of energy which functions the same as that of the fats and carbohydrates. In addition this also benefits the body by transporting the various nutrients and the oxygen to various parts of the body, additionally, this also allows the body to synthesize neurotransmitters and also enables the vitamins and minerals to perform the jobs properly, produce different antibodies to boost the immune system of the body.
It's role specifically for allowing an erection
- First, let us know what leads to the problem of erection in the body. Erection in the body is caused due to the rise of the levels of nitric oxide a vasodilator in the trabecular arteries and in the smooth muscles of the penis that is triggered because of the parasympathetic division of the autonomic nervous system.
- These arteries then help in the dilution of the arteries in the corpora cavernosa of the penis and to some extent in corpora spongiosa and allow the penis to get filled with blood. When this nitric oxide does not get released adequately then the corpus cavernosum does not allow the blood to get filled properly and the erection gets deflated.
- L-arginine here plays a critical role where a man helps to get an erection. This helps the inner lining of the blood vessels of the penis to create nitric oxide. The inner lining of the blood vessels is made up of cells that expand and contract and allows the blood to enter the penis and then allows the blood to leave the penis. These are also known as endothelial cells which operate with a group of enzymes called as nitric oxide synthase. These then allow the production of nitric oxide in a way this L-arginine allows the endothelial cells to be active and thereby helps the synthase to produce the essential gas for an erection that is the nitric oxide by combining the nitrogen atom of A-arginine to an atom containing oxygen.
The effectiveness of this substance in combination with others
L-arginine and Yohimbine hydrochloride
- Yohimbine hydrochloride is something that is also known as Yohimbine, which is known to be an approved treatment for ED. When both these are stacked together they give effective results to treat the problem but it is seen to affect the problem of moderate to mild ED.
L-arginine and Pycnogenol
- Journal of Sex and Marital therapy had posted a study in which L-arginine when stacked with an herbal supplement called pycnogenol that helps in erection for men with age 25- 45 with ED and the after effects are also supposed to be less and in fact is not seen in few cases.
- Pycnogenol is actually a trademark name of a substance that is taken from the pink bark of a tree know as Pinus Pinaster
What are the interactions of this L-arginine substance:
This drug is not supposed to be taken with Anticoagulant and anti-platelet drugs, herbs or any supplements which help in reducing blood clotting as this may increase the risk of bleeding.
Blood pressure drugs or any herbs or any supplements are not supposed to be taken with the L-arginine who have high blood pressure as this may decrease the blood pressure to an unnatural level.
Diabetes drugs, herbs, and supplements- are also not supposed to be stacked with this supplement as this will decrease the blood pressure level to a very low level.
You should not take this medication with any other medication for erectile dysfunction and this will decrease the level of blood pressure.
Water pills- you should not take amiloride, spironolactone or triamterene with L-arginine as these increase the potassium levels, and this will also lead to the risk of increased potassium to more than normal level.